Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Draw toolbar, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- Sometimes you want to add additional…shapes and objects to your map that aren't…part of any spacial data set but are used…to annotate or clarify the final…message of your map.…Anytime you need to circle something…or create an arrow pointing to…a significant feature, you'll want to use…the draw toolbar.…In order to get to the draw toolbar you go up…to customize, toolbars and then find draw.…That will add the draw toolbar to your screen…and you can drag it around…to wherever you'd like.…I'm going to leave it down here…on the bottom so it's out of the way.…Now, the drawing toolbar allows me…to draw different shapes onto my page.…I've got this option down here that's…currently set to rectangle.…
If I use the drop down menu I can choose…rectangle, polygons, circles,…lines, curves and so on.…Let's go ahead and add a circle onto our map.…I'll click on circle, and I'm going to circle…this group of features right over here.…That adds a circle here, and I can click…and drag it into position.…Now, if I want to change the parameters…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.