ArcGIS Pro uses a new licensing model that is attached to your ArcGIS Online named user account. This makes it easy for administrators to issue licenses that follow the user, not the machine.
- [Narrator] With ArcGIS Pro,…Esri is using a new licensing model.…In order to use ArcGIS Pro,…you need to have a current maintenance contract…for ArcGIS for Desktop…and a named user account for ArcGIS Online.…Essentially, this means that Pro is a subscription-only…product that will need to be renewed annually…since it's tied to your maintenance account.…ArcGIS Pro licenses will also be at the same service level…as the ArcGIS for Desktop license…either basic, standard or advanced…with advanced providing the most comprehensive feature set.…For most users, licensing will be handled entirely…by your organization's GIS administrator.…
And they'll need to download the software…and assign a license to your user account.…For those of you that aren't part of an organization,…you can still try out ArcGIS Pro with a free 60-day trial.…This trial includes ArcGIS for Desktop…and a license for Pro.…You can access more information about this program…by visiting this website.…Because Pro is licensed based off of your named…ArcGIS Online user account,…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.