Sharing maps as Web Maps will allow others to view and interact with the work through ArcGIS Online. They’ll be able to turn on and off layers, query features, and otherwise explore the data as they wish.
- [Narrator] Sharing your maps as web maps…will allow others to view and interact with…your work through ArcGIS Online.…Viewers will be able to turn on and off layers,…query features, and otherwise explore your data…right inside of their browser,…just as if they were…sitting in front of AcrGIS Pro themselves.…To share you map view as a web map,…just go up to the Share tab,…and in the Share As group, click on the Web Map button.…That'll open up the Share Web Map pane…on the right side of the interface.…In the name box you can type in the name…that you want to appear in ArcGIS Online.…The default is going to be the name of the map layer…as it appears in your ArcGIS Pro project.…
I'll go ahead and leave World_Map as the name.…Let's go ahead and type in a summary of…World Map with Populated Places,…and for tags I'll type in World Map, Populated Places.…If I scroll down, we'll see some options for sharing.…I can either choose to share with everybody,…or with just those people within my own organization.…I'll go ahead and share this map with everyone.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.