Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Symbolizing data by quantities, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- In the last movie, we saw how we can…alter the look of our map…by specifying a unique symbology for each feature,…based off an attribute classification.…There is another way to bring meaning to your map…by changing the symbology dynamically…based on the specific quantitative attributes of a feature.…To see what I mean, let's symbolize…our GPS hike points in a way that brings…more meaning to the display.…Here, I've got my Hike_ObservationRock points,…and they're symbolized in this teal color,…here, with a black outline.…That's this hike over here.…Because there are so many points,…and they're so close together,…it's actually hard to see the teal color.…Let's go ahead and zoom in a little bit onto this hike.…
Now, I'll go ahead and use the Identify tool…to explore some of the attributes of these points.…I'll click on one, here,…and I can see the various attributes…that are present in that data.…Now, one of them is this Elevation value, here.…I want to make use of this,…and symbolize this trail hike…based off of our elevations.…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.