In this solution movie, Adam demonstrates how he would use the data in the project geodatabase to develop a clean world map featuring color coded countries and graduated population symbols.
- [Instructor] For this challenge I asked you…to spend some time working with the symbology…on our world map.…Here's my take on the challenge.…First I want to start with this Map…and I'm going to change the projection on it,…so I right-click on the Map,…go into Properties,…take a look at our Coordinate Systems,…and if I scroll up to the top you can take a look at,…we're in Projected coordinate systems, World,…I'm going to go with an interrupted…the Goode Homolosine.…Let's hit OK to that,…so that'll be an interrupted world projection.…
Give it a entirely different look to what we started with.…I also want to change the Basemap style from this colored one…and I'll change it to Light Gray Canvas.…That'll give me a good base…on top of which I can add in lots of colored.…OK, so we're going to go into our WorldData geo database,…take a look at what's in here.…We've got airports, countries, graticules,…which are the gridlines that'll appear in the background,…populated places, states and provinces, and urban areas.…Let's just start building this.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.