In this solution movie, Adam shows how he would tackle the challenge by creating a feature class for the city of Bellingham’s buildings, and then traces the footprint of the old city hall.
- [Narrator] For this challenge,…I tasked you with creating a new feature class…for buildings in your hometown.…Here's how I had approached the project.…First, I'd start with a new project based off…of the Bellingham template that we created earlier.…I'll go ahead and browse out to My Computer.…I'll save this in the Exercise File so that you can access…it to review it at the end of the course, if you'd like.…It's going to go into the, not the Chapter 02 folder!…We're in Chapter 03, and we'll go ahead…and save it inside the 03_08_SolutionsFeatures.…Go ahead and select that folder.…I'm going to call this BellinghamBuildings.…We're going to create a new folder for this project…inside of that 03_08 folder for you.…
Go ahead and say OK to that,…and that'll create the new project.…The first thing we're going to need to do…is create a new feature class in the geodatabase.…Let's go into the Databases,…we'll find the BellinghamBuildings geodatabase.…It was just added now because we're creating…a new project, based off of that template.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.