By placing layers onto the esri hosted ArcGIS Online Portal, they can be made available for download by others in the same organization, or, with the check of a box, publicly to the entire world.
- [Instructor] Publishing your maps…to your ArcGIS Online account…makes it easy to share your content…with your colleagues or the world.…You can essentially create a repository…of your own data and make it available…for anyone that's interested to download and use…in their own projects.…One of the ways that we can share our data…is by uploading a web layer to our online account.…This will package the data and symbology…and allow other users with the proper permissions…to search for it, download it, and edit it…for their own projects.…Before we start I want to change the projection of this map…so that it will align with the data…in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.…
In order to do that,…right-click on the world map layer in the contents page.…Then come down to properties.…And then we'll click on coordinate system.…In the list, I'll scroll down until I find…WGS 1984 Web Mercator auxiliary sphere.…Let's go ahead and select that one and press okay.…That'll update the display of our map in our view.…Next, I want to share the populated places 5m layer…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.