Having a standardized layout can not only speed up production, but also ensure consistency in branding and style. Layout templates solve the problem of having to start from scratch for each new project.
- [Narrator] It's likely that you'll be making…many different maps for the same organization…and having a standardized layout…can not only speed up production,…but also ensure consistency in branding and style.…Once you've developed your first map layout,…you can save it as a layout template…to be reused in your next project.…The layout template will save the position…and symbolization of the items in your layout…so that you can focus on the content of each page…rather than configuring the title and legend…in the same way every time.…To turn our current layout into a template,…we'll come up to the share tab and in the save as group,…click the layout file button.…
That'll save as layout template on our system…with the PAGX file extension.…I'll just browse out to my desktop…and go into the Exercise Files, Chapter_08,…the 08_07_SaveTemplate folder…and we'll give our template a name of San Francisco Report.…I'll press the save button…and that'll save the layout file to my computer.…Then I want to create a new map based off of that template.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.