Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Running toolbox models, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- Earlier in the course, we explored…the geoprocessing tools available inside of ArcToolbox.…We saw that when we ran a tool,…we were able to specify input…and output locations for our data…as well as set parameters specific to our needs.…When you need to process large amounts of data,…or run multiple tools in succession…to get the desired final output,…then you're definitely going to want…to check out something called ModelBuilder.…With ModelBuilder, you can set up a chain…of geoprocessing tasks and set parameters all at once.…Then run the model over and over again.…Now one of the things we did earlier was create…a buffer around the boundary…of Mount Rainier National Park,…which is this one down here.…
Then we used that buffer to clip out our water features,…so we saw just the features within the 10-mile zone.…What I want to do is create a model…so it makes it easy to process the same data…for two different parks:…North Cascades National Park, which is up here…represented by this layer,…and Olympic National Park, which is here…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.