After a task is created, the end user can sit down and move through a guided tour of how to accomplish a particular workflow. After each step, they’ll press a button to reveal the next step in the process.
- [Instructor] From the user's perspective,…running tasks is a pretty straightforward procedure.…Simply follow along with the instructions that were…provided, and click to move on once you've finished…each step.…To start a task, find the tasks folder in the project pane,…and double click on the task you want to run.…On the task pane on the left-hand side of the screen,…you can expand the task group to find the individual tasks…inside.…For instance, this one is going to segment airports…by country, and the first thing we need to do is…select the country.…When I'm ready to go, press this button here…to open that task.…That'll load up the first step, and it says…change to the map tab.…
Okay, we're on the map tab.…And I'll come down here and press next.…Notice that I have a nice progress meter here on the bottom…to tell me how far I've gone through the task.…Right now I'm on step number two of six.…The next step is to press the full extent button.…So come up here, I'll press the full extent button…on the ribbon, and I'm done with that step.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.