- View Offline
- Exploring GIS trends
- Accessing data in proprietary and catalog formats
- Understanding GIS data formats
- Working with scale and graticules in projections
- Collecting geospatial data
- Building a GIS project from scratch
- Mastering GIS job interviews
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Dr. Jason VanHorn and welcome to Real-World GIS. Geographic Information Systems or GIS is a way to approach mapping and spacial analysis using a computer environment. This course begins by introducing the top seven questions that are common in the use of GIS. I'll start with a short overview, that allows you to jump right in by giving you a context and framework for what is discussed in this course. Then I'll go step by step to explore each question and best practice for solutions and understanding, so you'll be able to successfully complete work in GIS.
So whether you are completely new to GIS and just getting started, or you've been doing this for awhile, by the end of the course, you will be equipped to handle a more robust set of challenges that come your way in the fascinating world of GIS. So let's get started with Real-World GIS.