Attributes can be used to make selections of features on the map. ArcGIS Pro helps the user construct valid SQL statements to filter the data and reveal those features that match a criteria.
- [Instructor] Lots of information can be recorded…about our features on our maps in the Attribute Tables.…We can use these attributes to make selections from our data…based on common details, for instance,…we can find all of the buildings that have more than ten…floors, or all of the rivers above a specified flow rate.…Let's look through the Attribute Tables…for the populated places on this world map…and find the locations with the highest populations.…To do this, we first need to familiarize ourselves…with the data that we have available.…If it's still open from the last movie,…go ahead and close the Attribute pane by clicking…on the X in its upper right-hand corner,…then, we'll choose the populated_places layer…from the Contents pane, and from the Feature Layer…contextual tabs, choose the Data tab.…
Then, we'll open up the Attribute Table.…There are a lot of different attributes…being stored for our populated_places data.…If you scroll to the right, we'll find a field…called pop_max, right here.…If you right-click on the field title,…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.