Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Preserving topology, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- When editing features that share common edges,…such as a parcel boundary or political border,…it's common to accidentally introduce small gaps…or overlaps between the features.…These shared boundaries, called coincident edges,…can be edited together through an addition…to the standard editing toolbar called the Topology tools.…In this particular example, I'm gonna take a look…at the state of Washington again.…And I wanna focus on this border right down here…between Garfield county and Whitman county.…Let's go ahead and use one of the bookmarks…that I've set up to zoom into that.…Now, this particular boundary should exactly follow…the center line of the river, and we can see…it's a little bit rough here.…
I'm gonna go ahead and fix that boundary.…Let's go ahead and zoom in a little bit further.…I'll go into this boundary detail.…Now I'm going to focus on this section of the river, here.…What I wanna do here is modify this boundary line…so that it follows the center line of the river.…I can do that by going up to Customize, Toolbars,…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.