Project packages collect all of the data, toolboxes, maps and scenes that went into an ArcGIS Pro project and bundles them up into a single file. This file is perfect for archiving or sending to a colleague.
- [Instructor] When your project is complete,…the last map is designed and printed,…and the data is processed to its fullest extent,…it'll be time to archive your work.…Creating a package out of your project will…collect all of the data, toolboxes, maps, and scenes…that went into your ArcGIS Pro project…and bundle them up into a single file.…This is a great way to share…the entire project with somebody else…or simply stash it away as a backup.…To create a project package,…we'll just come up to the Share tab…and, in the Package group,…we'll click Project on the far left side.…
That'll open up the Package Project pane on the far right.…Where we can choose to either upload the package…to an online account…or save the package to a file.…I'll choose that option and then we'll come down…and press the browse file button…in order to find a location on my hard drive to store it.…I'll go into the Desktop, into my Exercise Files,…Chapter_09, and then 09_07_PackageProject.…Then, we'll just give it a file name.…I'll give it the name FinalProject.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.