Like data layers, text labels have their own symbology that will need to be considered when designing a map. Typeface, color, and size all play a role in the legibility of the labels.
- [Instructor] After adding the attribute field to a map,…as a text label, we can start to define a style…that fits, with the theme of the map.…This includes choosing an appropriate…typeface, character styles, and color.…I'm going to continue working on the labels…that we've applied to our parks,…here, in the San Francisco map.…First, I'll come over to the Contents pane,…and, click on the parks layer.…Then, we'll go up to the ribbon,…and, choose the Labeling tab.…I want to make sure that the Large Parks…label class is currently selected,…in this drop down menu, and, then, I want to focus…my attention, on this Text Symbol group.…This first section, is a gallery of pre-defined styles,…that you can easily apply, by selecting one from the list.…
You can scroll through, using these buttons,…or, click on this downward pointing…arrow, to reveal the whole list.…I'll choose this one, here, called Park.…That'll update the typeface, size, color,…as well as any letter spacing,…that is applied to the text, in our labels.…We can always adjust these options manually, if we want to.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.