Linking scenes together makes navigating multiple views easier. Once linked, ArcGIS Pro will pan, zoom, and rotate views simultaneously so that they are always pointing at the same center point.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Since ArcGIS Pro projects…can contain multiple map views, it'll sometimes be the case…where you'll want to look at…the same area across multiple maps.…Perhaps you have some 2D and some 3D maps…or maybe one map view contains natural features…and another one is focused on personal ownership.…Whatever the case may be, it can be a challenge…to keep navigating both views to the same location.…Luckily in ArcGIS Pro, we can link our views together…so that they focus on the same point.…In this project, I have a 2D map…and a local 3D scene of San Francisco.…
If you take a look at the View tab,…one of the options we have is to link our views together.…This is a Split button, if you click on the bottom portion…of the button, you see that we have two different options.…We can either Center or Center And Scale.…Center will keep the center of each map…at the same location.…The maps won't change scale, only their focal point.…If you choose Center And Scale, then the maps will zoom in…and out together as well.…I'm going to choose that one…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.