Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Joining data, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- ArcGIS makes it easy to bring in…additional data to your mapping projects…through the use of Joins.…By joining data together, you can take advantage…of the geospatial data that you already have,…and have the flexibility of adding…additional attributes, on-the-fly,…from common spreadsheet files.…Right now, I've got the PyramidComplex file…that we created in the last movie.…If I open up the Catalog, and go into the…Chapter<u>11</u>Data folder, I'll find a .csv,…or a comma-separated values file,…called PyramidHeights.csv.…If I double-click on it, it's going to open it up…in Excel on my computer.…It might open in Text Editor on your computer.…
We can see this is just a simple data table…that has a column for Name,…and a column for Height_Meters.…I have the three pyramid names, here,…and their height listed here.…Let's go ahead and close out this .csv file.…Now, in the Catalog, I'm going to drag that file,…and drop it into my Table of Contents.…That's going to switch my Table of Contents…from the List By Drawing Order Mode,…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.