- View Offline
- Understanding map mashups
- Finding coordinates
- Mapping with Google Drive
- Geocoding with addresses and coordinates
- Merging data
- Analyzing your map
- Adding GIS layers from services or a file
- Working with the Google Maps, Bing Maps, and Esri APIs
- Sharing and publishing your work
Skill Level Intermediate
(xylophone music) - [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Dr. Jason VanHorn. And welcome to GIS on the Web. GIS stands for Geographic Information Systems. In this course, I will teach you how to make maps, using freely available tools online. I will show you how to build some awesome maps that are interactive, deployable to smartphones or tablets, and easy to incorporate into presentations. From the world of map mash-ups in Google to ArcGIS online, I will give you the practical tools you need to succeed in your projects.
So if you are completely new to the world of mapping, or you've been doing mapping professionally for awhile, by the end of this course, you will be able to deploy web-based maps to communicate your ideas and knowledge in our fast-paced globalized world. So let's get started now with GIS on the Web.