Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Catalog window, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- We've briefly touched on the Catalog window…that's over here on the right side of your screen,…but it's time to take a closer look at it.…If the catalog isn't visible, go ahead and press…this button over here on the standard toolbar.…That'll relaunch the Catalog window if it's been closed.…Once it's open, go ahead and press this pin button here…to lock it so it doesn't auto-hide on us.…Now the catalog window presents a list…of all of the different folders in Connection Services…that we have available to us that'll serve GIS data.…Across the top here, we have some…standard navigation buttons.…We can go back, we can go forward,…and we can move up a level in the hierarchy.…
Here I have a button that says go to Home folder,…and if I click on it, it will take me from wherever I am…in the tree to my Home folder…which is where the current map document lives.…In this case, it's in the ExerciseFiles\Chapter_06 folder,…and you can see that the current map document…is this one right here, the 06_01_Catalog.mxd.…Also, inside of the 06 Folder,…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.