Elevation data for local 3D scenes comes from ArcGIS Online’s world elevation data set. Locally collected data is often more accurate, so ArcGIS Pro supports the ability to supplement their data with your own.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Sometimes the global elevation data…that's used by default in your 3D local scenes…won't be as accurate as data that your own…organization has collected.…By importing your own ground surface…you can more accurately model the environment…around your study area.…The default topography comes from Ezre's…world elevation data but it's not exactly…accurate at small scales.…I've placed a high resolution elevation data set…that covers a portion of Golden Gate…national recreation area into the project's…geo database and it's this one right here called elevation.…This elevation data set was collected…using Lydar which is a highly accurate system…that uses lasers to generate an elevation map.…
Let's go ahead and drag and drop it into our scene here.…That'll change our view to this portion…of Golden Gate National Recreation area…which is just across the Golden Gate Bridge…from San Francisco.…We can see what area the new elevation data set covers.…The elevation data set is this black and white image here.…I've created a bookmark that will zoom us in…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.