Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing layer properties, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- Just like we saw earlier…with the data frame properties,…each of the individual data layers…has associated properties as well.…To get to them, either double click on the layer name here…or right click on it and choose properties…from the drop down list.…That will take me into the layer properties window.…Previously in the last chapter,…we looked at this labels tab over here.…What I want to do is draw our attention…to the general and source tabs.…Let's start with the general tab.…At the top of the general tab,…we have a place where we can change the layer name.…That corresponds to the changes that we made earlier…where we click, pause and then click…in order to change a layer name directly…in the table of contents.…
But if I'd like, I can change the layer name right here.…For instance, I can change populated places to cities.…As soon as I say apply, that change is made over here…in the table of contents.…Let's go ahead and change that back.…I also have an option here…to turn it as visible or not visible.…This corresponds to this check box over here…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.