Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing data-frame properties, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As you continue working with ArcMap…you'll find that there are lots of little settings…buried in menus that tweak both…the interface and how your map is presented.…Let's take a look at a couple of options…that we can set to control our map's presentations.…What I want to take a look at is here…in the Table Of Contents where it says the word Layers.…This is considered our data frame.…The data frame controls all the…data layers that appear within it.…If I right click on it you can see…that I can get in to its properties…by going down to the bottom of the menu here.…Another way of getting there, if I click off of this,…is to just double click on it.…That'll open up the data frame…properties for the layer frame.…
Let's go ahead and change its name here.…On the General tab, I'm going to take its name…and instead of Layers I'm going to type in World Map.…When I press Apply you'll notice…that the data frame name updates to World Map.…You also have the option to enter in a description…so I'm going to type in here…Map of the world's largest cities.…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.