Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a shaded terrain relief, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- If you've ever studied topographic maps…produced for backcountry hikers or outdoors people,…you might have noticed that they often include…a shaded representation of the hills…and mountains in the area.…This shaded terrain relief gives easy-to-understand…visual clues about the landscape,…and is a common feature on many types of maps.…Now that our elevation data for Mount Rainier…has been merged together, we can use it…to create a shaded relief image.…Now, unfortunately, this particular toolset…requires a license to an additional add-on.…I can activate the add-on by going up…to Customize, and Extensions,…and turning on the check box for Spatial Analyst.…
Not everybody is going to have…a license for Spatial Analyst.…But, if you do, it unlocks some new,…additional geoprocessing tools that we can use.…I'm going to to ahead and turn on my license, here,…and press Close.…I've got the MtRainierElevation file…that we merged from the last movie.…I've also gone ahead and renamed…the geodatabase to MtRainierElevation-Complete…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.