Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a geoprocessing tool, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- We're going to continue working on the model…that we started in the last movie.…Now that we have a flowchart-like model built…that buffers our Mount Rainier boundary…and clips the water features to the 10-mile buffer zone,…I'd like to make the tool more flexible…so we can process other parks in the same way.…We do this by establishing tool parameters.…We'll start by going into the Chapter 12 data folder here…and finding the Toolbox that we made in the last movie.…Let's go ahead and expand it to find the ClipFeatures model.…I'll double-click on it to run the tool.…Now again, we can see that this tool…currently has no parameters…so this tool actually doesn't do much for us right now.…
If I press "OK" it's just going to run in its default state.…Let's go ahead and press "Cancel" instead.…In order to change it, I'll right-click on the model,…and choose "Edit."…Now when I run this model,…It's going to bring in the Mount Rainier boundary file,…it's going to Buffer it to the 10-mile zone,…it's going to add in a WaterBodies feature…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.