ArcGIS Pro includes a feature called Tasks that build a set of instructions right into the interface. This can standardize procedures by documenting the steps required for moving through a workflow.
- [Teacher] ArcGIS Pro includes a feature…called Tasks that'll allow you to build a…set of instructions right into the interface.…This will allow you to standardize procedures by documenting…the steps required for moving through a workflow.…Tasks can help organizations train users on how…to properly process incoming data from the field…or otherwise maintain the standard operating procedure.…The nice thing about creating a task list is that you…can be as specific as you need to and tailor the…instruction for the abilities of your intended audience.…To create a new task in your ArcGIS Pro project, go to the…Insert tab, and then click on Task, and then New Task Item.…
That'll create a new task item…and open up the Task Designer.…Now if you missed it, it also added in a…new folder to our Project pane called Tasks,…where you can find the task item right there.…Let's go ahead and switch back to the Task Designer.…On the left side of the screen,…we have the Tasks pane, and on the right side…of the screen, we have the Task Designer pane.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.