All projects in ArcGIS Pro will start with a template. Esri provides a few basic starting templates that include a basic 2D or 3D map frame and a basemap from ArcGIS Online.
- [Instructor] All projects in ArcGIS Pro…will start with a template.…Now, because I've already opened some recent projects,…I see those over on the left side of my screen…and the new project templates have moved over to…the right-hand side below my username.…Esri provides a few basic starting templates…and we'll see later in this chapter how we can add…to this list, and create our own custom project templates.…The Blank template doesn't include any view windows,…it just includes an empty file geodatabase for the project,…and a default toolbox.…The Global and Local theme templates add-on to the…Blank template and include a 3D view,…and an ArcGIS online basemap that already comes pre-loaded.…
The Map template includes a single 2D view for our map,…and it already includes a basemap as well.…Finally, we do always have the option to select…another project template, and if I click on this link,…it'll take me out where I can browse on my computer,…or my portal, to find existing templates…that I might want to use.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.