Once a model is created, it can be packaged up to share with other ArcGIS Pro users. By sharing a model, users become more efficient and ensure that data is processed in a consistent manner.
- [Instructor] You can share your geoprocessing models…with other users by saving a package either on your…organization's ArcJIS online portal…or by saving it as a file on your computer.…This package will contain the model…and all of the data required to run it…which allows others to duplicate your results…in their projects.…In order to save a model as a package,…you first need to have a successful run through…in your history…and complete metadata about what the tool is for…and how it works.…Let's start with the metadata.…First I'll go to the toolboxes folder…in the projects pane…and expand the Seattle toolbox…and find parks near schools.…
I'll right-click on it…and choose view metadata.…That'll open up the project view here…where I can select the parks near school model…and press edit here on the home tab.…Then we can scroll through…and fill in some of the metadata details.…For tags, I'll type in schools, parks.…For the summary, I'll type in identify as parks…near schools.…We can go ahead and skip the usage one.…Let's go ahead and scroll through…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.