Data connections in ArcGIS Pro can happen in two locations, either add a link to a folder on the computer system or network, or link directly to another file geodatabase or enterprise geodatabase.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] The world map project that we've been working…on, currently displays a simple base map image from Esri.…This gives us a frame of reference…upon which we can layer on our own data.…In order to start adding data to the map,…we need to connect to the location…of the data on our computer.…Data connections in ArcGIS Pro can happen in two locations.…Either add a link to a folder, here in the Project Pane,…or we can link directly to another geodatabase.…Either a file geodatabase, or an enterprise geodatabase.…Unfortunately, ArcGIS Pro does not support…the personal geodatabase format.…
So, if you have data stored in one of those,…you'll need to convert it first…in a program such as ArcCatalog.…Let's start by taking a look at the file structure…of our data on the hard drive.…On the desktop inside of our exercise folder,…I have a folder for chapter two.…Inside of there we have all the different projects…that we're working on in this chapter.…In addition to these, we also have a folder called GIS data,…and that's the folder that I want to take a look at.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.