Every project has a handful of properties such as the physical location on the hard disk of the default geodatabase and toolbox. Default measurement units and metadata about the project can also be changed.
- [Narrator] Every project has a handful of properties…that we can adjust to meet our needs.…You can find them by visiting the Project tab…and then coming down to Options on the left hand sidebar.…I want to focus our attention on the first three options,…the Current Settings, Units and Tasks…underneath the Project heading.…For Current Settings,…we have the Name and Location of the current project.…We can see the name here and the full file path…to the location to the project here.…Now you can't rename these here, but this is useful…if you need to copy the path.…For example, you can highlight it and press Control + c…on your keyboard to copy it and then paste it into an email…that you want to send to a client or a colleague.…
The Home folder, Default geodatabase…and the Default toolbox, though, can be changed.…You press on the browse icon over on the right hand side…we can select a new existing folder for our Home folder,…or a new existing geodatabase or toolbox to use.…As of this recording, though,…only file geodatabases can serve as the default…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.