Attributes can be used to classify features that all share a common property. Then, symbolization rules leverage those classifications to ensure that features that share attributes look the same on the map.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] We've seen how geospatial data…uses attribute tables…to add more information to a feature.…Often, theses attributes can be used…to group similar features into groups.…For instance, you might have lots of buildings…in a feature class.…If there's a type attribute in the table,…you can tell which ones were single-family homes…and easily separate them from the fast food restaurants.…This is called classification,…and we can symbolize features on the map…based off of similar attributes.…To take a look at this,…I'm going to expand the Databases folder…and then the Yosemite geo database,…and I want to add a new layer to our Yosemite map…based off of wilderness type.…
We'll go ahead and grab this layer…and drag and drop it at the bottom of the layer stack…right above the World Topographic Map.…That adds a new layer to our map,…and it actually fills up the entire screen.…So, let's go ahead and right-click on it…and choose Zoom to Layer.…So, we'll zoom out so we can see the entire layer.…Now, right now, everything in our wilderness layer…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.