Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing raster symbology, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- I really like working with digital elevation models…and the output that you can get…out of the hillshade geoprocessing tool.…However, the output is awfully grey…and you don't want your map…to look like the surface of the moon.…Let's see how we can bring in some color…back to our landscape.…So here's our hillshade that we finished…in the last chapter of Mt. Rainier.…Now it gives me a good representation of the topography…but it does need some color.…I also have those digital raster graphics…which are those scanned USGS topographic maps.…If I turn on this group layer it will turn on…and activate all of the tiffs that are inside of there.…Let's go ahead and zoom in here…and I'll just zoom in to this portion of the map.…
And actually let me change the scale here to 1 to 24,000.…Now I can pan around this map to see the detail…from the USGS topographic map…but it actually doesn't give me much representation…of the topography.…I can blend these two digital raster graphics…and the hillshade together by going up here…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.