Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing polygon symbology, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- The last vector type that we need to style…is our polygon features.…By now, you probably have a good idea…of the types of things that we're going to see,…but let's run through some of the options…specific to styling polygons.…Here, my polygon features are my WA_Counties,…and my MORA_Boundary file.…Let's go ahead and start with WA_Counties.…Once again, if i right-click on it,…I can quickly change the fill color from here.…If i want more options, I'll left-click on the patch…to bring up the Symbol Selector for my polygons.…Here, I can choose the Fill Color,…in which case I could choose No Color…if I want a hollow fill,…and I can also change the Outline Color, here.…Let's go ahead and make it red, and a little bit thicker.…
If I go ahead and say OK, you can see that my map updates.…Let's go back in here.…Just like with the point and line features,…I have a bunch of stylized options, down here,…including some with textured fills.…For instance, these lines, and this one here,…the Cropland or Vineyard, and so on.…If want additional styles,…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.