Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing point symbology, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- If you're following along…with the exercise files throughout this course,…you might have noticed that your features…were always coming in in different colors…than what I have here on the screen.…That's because as vector data is added to the map,…our map is randomly assigning colors…to the new features.…Where I get this coral-colored county shape…back here in the background,…you might get something that's blue…when you add the same features to your maps.…Well, now it's time to take back control…over the styling of our map.…We'll start by taking a look at the options that we have…for symbolizing point features,…such as our summit data here on this Washington map.…Now, when you add point data to the map,…it automatically gets styled…with circle symbols in a random color.…
On this map, they're green.…If you come up here to the Table of Contents,…and right-click on the Symbol patch here,…you get a quick pop-up menu…where we can change the color, here.…I can change them to orange, for instance.…If you left-click on that patch,…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.