For the first challenge of this course, Adam wants you to create a new project based on your city. Choose a basemap and create bookmarks and save the project as a template.
(light music) - [Instructor] For the first challenge of this course, I'd like to go a little more local. I want you to create a new project using your city or neighborhood as a focal point. Choose an appropriate basemap, zoom in and bookmark a few areas of interest, and set a custom extent. Finally, save the map as a template for future use. This is an open ended project, and I encourage you to spend as much time on it as you would like. The basic requirements, though, should take about five minutes or less. Have fun!
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.