- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Adam] Hello, and welcome to ArcGIS Pro Essential Training. My name is Adam Wilbert and I'm excited to introduce you to Esri's brand new addition to the ArcGIS Suite of Map Making Tools. ArcGIS Pro combines 2D and 3D map design in a single modern application that's built to streamline the process of collecting data, creating map layouts, and sharing your work. In this course I'll start by exploring the role ArcGIS Pro takes within the wider world of Esri's product line up. I'll explore the new rivet in our face and the structure of the new project based file system that keeps everything needed for you map in a single organized location.
Then, I'll build on that foundation to begin creating some maps. I'll show you how to work with both on-line and local data sources and I'll add data to the projects Geo-Database. I'll demonstrate how to use the new editing environment to create your own data and apply some geoprocessing tasks to further modify the data that you already have. Finally, I'll apply some styling and some symbolization rules to make the map legible and ensure that it communicates well to the map reader. I'll explore 2D map layouts and 3D scenes and demonstrate some of the many options for sharing your work to a wider audience by uploading ArcGIS on-line and creating packages of your project.
There is a lot to cover and I'm eager to dig in, so let's get started with ArcGIS Pro Essential Training.
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.