Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding graphs, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- While ArcMap's main focus is on…presenting your data in a map format,…that isn't its only trick.…ArcMap can also produce graphs…that can help you understand trends within your data.…Let's create a graph that explores the attributes…of our city data.…We can add a graph by going up to the view menu here…and choosing Graphs, Create Graph.…That'll open up the Create Graph Wizard.…Now from this drop down list here…we have various graph types that we can…add to our map documents.…Let's scroll up from the top, here you can see we have…bar graphs, line graphs, area graphs,…as well as scatter plots, box plots,…bubble plots and so on.…
And if we scroll down, polar and pie charts.…Let's go ahead and add a histogram here…that explores the locations of our cities around the world.…So in the layer our table here,…I'm going to make sure that I've…targeted the city's layer.…Then for the value field, I'm going to choose Latitude.…This'll give me a histogram…of where my cities are located around the world.…It goes from negative 37 degrees in the Southern hemisphere…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.