Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding additional data frames, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- Though we've only been working with a single map at a time…throughout this course, your ArcMac documents…can store multiple data frames at once,…which can then be combined into a single map layout…to give overview and detailed looks at your data.…Adding a second data frame to the table of contents is easy.…Simply come up here to the Insert menu…and choose data frame.…That will add in a new data frame down here,…in the table of contents and will add…the new data frame over here, in the maps layout view.…We can go ahead and click on it,…and drag it to wherever we want in our map layout.…I'll go ahead and put it down here.…Now we need to add data into our new data frame.…
For now, I'm just going to go ahead and copy the layers…that are in my original data frame up here.…I'll click on Populated Places and hold down shift…and click on Hurricane Season and Base Data.…Then I'll just right-click and say Copy.…Then I come down here to the new data frame,…right-click, and choose Paste Layers.…Now, I'm using the same data in both of these data layers,…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.