Adding data from the geodatabase to the map view is as easy as drag-and-drop from the Project pane into the Contents pane. ArcGIS Pro displays the data with a randomized symbology.
- [Instructor] Once our data sources are linked or imported…into the project geodatabase, we're ready…to start adding in to the map view.…In order to add in data, we'll find the data…inside of our project panel.…I'll go ahead and expand the world map geodatabase.…This is the one that we copied all the data…into in the last movie.…Then, we just need to find the data we want to add.…I'll right click on the airports file,…and we'll choose add to current map.…Notice that we also have the option to create a new map…with this data, or to create a new 3D scene with the data.…I'll choose add to current map,…and that'll get added over here into our contents pane,…and we can see the points on the map…showing where all of our airports are located.…
Now, data gets added to the contents pane as a new layer…with a randomized color symbology,…so you'll most likely be seeing different colors…than the ones that I'm getting.…We'll explore how to change the visual appearance…of our data in an upcoming chapter.…You'll also notice that the proportions of the map…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.