Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Up and Running with Aptana Studio 3.
If you're a Premium Member of the lynda.com online training library, or if you are watching this tutorial on the DVD-ROM, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Now I've put all the exercise files into this folder right here called Exercise Files, and I've laid the folder out just as a website would be. Now this isn't particularly important for this particular title because it's not like we're going to be building a website from start to finish. The only reason these files are here is to give us some things to edit while we're working with Aptana Studio, and you can use these files on your own while you go off and explore Aptana Studio, after you've watched this course.
- Installing Aptana Studio on Windows and OS X
- Creating a new file from scratch or from a template
- Creating a new web project
- Importing an existing web project
- Editing code
- Viewing code changes with Quick Diff
- Keeping track of your to-do list with Tasks
- Adding new code snippets and templates with bundles
- Previewing projects
- Deploying your website to an FTP server