The capabilities of editing extensions downloaded from the Mac App Store may be different than versions acquired directly from the developer. This movie shows you an example and explains what to look for before making a purchase.
- [Voiceover] So how do you get started with Editing…Extensions?…Well it's actually pretty easy.…I'm in the Mac App Store right now, and I've gone to the…Photography section.…And the way that I got here was…I went to Featured, then I scrolled around and I found,…oh, Photography.…That's probably something interesting for me.…Opened that up, and at the top here,…we have Editing Extensions for the Photos App.…And then we get into the more great editing apps right here.…
So all of these are extensions that work with Photos.…And so, you decide, okay, I wanna try this one, and I…wanna try that one, and you either purchase it or…download it, depending on how that's configured.…And once you do that, then you have control of it…in your System Preferences.…So I'll minimize this.…Here, in System Preferences, we can turn these on and off,…just like this.…Now the way I get to that particular screen, is I go…to Preferences, go to Extensions, and let's say we…want to turn this off right here.…
We'll do that.…And now let's go to Photos and I'll show you where…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.