This training focuses on local adjustments that allow you to work on specific areas of an image. These are different than global adjustments that change the entire image. Local adjustments are great for removing objects, retouching portraits, and adjusting specific colors in your images that are managed by Apple's Photos app.
- [Voiceover] I want you to have a feel for the work flow and how I use this library for this training. This is a photos library and those of you that have access to the exercise files will be able to download this library and what you'll see is something very much like this. And a lot of times there will be an original image, and then there'll be a companion image, and this is the one that we worked on. You can tell that by the title, you can also tell by the little toolbox, that'll be right there, that little badge. That tells you that we worked on these shots.
So, I like this because you'd be able to see where we started and where we ended up. And if you want, you can duplicate this image and play along and then you can have your edited version, my edited version, and the original. It's all up to you but I wanted you to have both because I think it's important to see, you know, where we started and where we ended up with these. So that is what you'll see. Now, as we're using the different techniques I will explain, okay now I'm duplicating this photo and we're opening it in here.
So you'll get that whole lowdown. But I wanted you to have a little overview as to how this library is set up. I think you'll have a lot of fun with it, and I think it'll be easy for you to learn the various techniques that we'll be discussing.
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos