Snapheal allows you to apply effects to other parts of the picture. This movie shows you how to use the retouch tools of the software.
- [Voiceover] I'm gonna keep working on this image…because there's still another thing I wanted to do.…I'm looking at this door right here,…and I would love to brighten it up a bit.…I think that would give just a little extra pop…to the photograph.…The Retouch tab is the perfect place to do that.…I have a brush here.…I can apply that brush to any area on the image that I want,…and then I can apply all of these Adjustments…to that area that is selected.…Let me show you how that works.…I'm gonna go ahead and click on Mask right here,…and you see that I started, I didn't finish though,…I didn't want to leave you behind.…
So I'll just go ahead and finish here,…just select this.…Just like in the Erase tab, if I make a mistake…or I want to clean something up, I have that option.…Now I'm gonna turn off the Mask so we can see our image.…Let's brighten up that door a bit.…So I'll add a little bit of Exposure.…
I'll take the Saturation down a bit,…just to get rid of the tint,…and something like that.…Let's see how we did.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.