This movie shows you how to use the erase tool of Snapheal.
- [Voiceover] Gonna use this image…for our erasing tutorial.…And what I've done is I've duplicated…the original image here.…Created this image.…Named it Snapheal Edit.…And both will be in our Photos For OS10 Library.…Go ahead and double tap on it to open it up.…Gonna hit the Return key, that puts us in Edit Mode.…Go down to Extensions and pick Snapheal CK.…And here we are.…So we have Brushing Tools.…We can clean up the mass that we create with our brush.…
And we also have a Lasso Tool.…The Brushing Tool works quite well.…I can adjust the diameter with the slider.…I can use the presets.…Or I can use the Left Bracket key,…and the Right Bracket key…to adjust the size.…If I make a mistake, I have a couple ways…to get rid of it.…One is I can just click on the little Trash Can Icon…right there, that'll get rid of it.…
Or if I just wanna clean up an area,…I can use the Erase Brush to clean that up.…Up to you, whatever's most convenient at the moment.…We also have a Lasso Tool here,…and so you can do free selections.…Or we can use the Polygon Selection,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.