Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Photoshop to retouch an image, part of Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustments.
- [Voiceover] Alright, let's do a little Photoshop work…via Photos.…This is exciting.…I mean, I don't use Photoshop a whole lot…but boy, when I need it, I really need I…and I love having this connection between…Photos and Photoshop.…I'm going to go ahead and…double click on our duplicate there…and we're going to open this up in External Editor…so I'm going to hit the Return key.…That puts us into editing mode.…We'll go down to Extensions…and we will choose External Editors.…
So one of the things I want to do,…this little bit here, I want to clean that up…and Photoshop is great with its Content Aware technology.…So let's just go to Photoshop CC…and here we are.…And I'm going to go over right here.…I'm picking our Content Aware Move Tool…for this little bit of work.…And so what I'm going to do…is I'm going to select just a little patch right here…just like this…and I'm staying away from this and this…because those will be telltale…that I've done some sort of cloning…and I don't want people to know.…
And I'm just going to drag this over,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.