Learn the fundamentals of teeth whitening for your portraits with BeFunky.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Laurie really has a beautiful smile…and I just love how her eyes twinkle, also.…So, for this shot, all I want to do is…just finish it off just a bit,…and just whiten these couple right here.…There's just a little bit of color there.…Very natural.…That's actually what we normally have in life,…but for this portrait, since it's such a pretty smile,…let's make it super pretty.…So, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go to Edit mode,…we'll go to Extensions and BeFunky,…and I'll zoom in a bit so we can see what we're doing.…
Go to Teeth Whiten.…Gonna keep the Intensity down as I usually do.…Don't want that brush too big.…And because the algorithm is geared for teeth,…you don't have to paint perfectly on the teeth,…you can just paint the whole smile here.…Just paint that a little bit right there.…We'll just come over here on this side, too.…Just paint a little bit.…Now, we'll up the Intensity a bit.…
Paint a little bit more over here.…Just like that.…Looking good, looking good.…Just about there.…You see where I don't really have to worry about…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.