In this movie, you'll learn how to work with split toning with the Tonality editing extension.
- [Voiceover] I have the shot here…where I like the composition,…but the color palette and feel is all wrong,…it doesn't convey what I want.…I want something much more gritty,…much more cool and foreboding.…So, let's go to Tonality,…and let's play with some Split Toning.…And see if I can get where I wanna go here.…Here we go and I am in the set of Street presets right now,…and I believe there's one in here that's Grunge.…
Yeah, this is what I'm looking for right here.…Okay, right away I've already taken a step forward on this.…I wanted that grungy look, that gritty look.…And now I wanna play with the tones a bit.…So what I'm going to do…is I wanna go to Split Toning,…which is right here,…and the basic color palette…that I wanna work with is blue.…So I'm gonna tap on blue,…that gets me started and already I'm much happier…than I was with the original shot.…
But I can play with a little bit more.…So I have Highlights to play with.…Actually, let's go ahead,…just give ourselves a little bit more operating room here.…All I did was tap on Presets to hide them.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.