Learn how to make skin tone adjustments with BeFunky.
- [Voiceover] I'll be honest with you,…I haven't had the best of luck with skin tone.…I think there's a bug in the software,…hopefully it'll be fixed by the time you download BeFunky,…but, if not, I want to show you what may happen to you,…and then I want to explain what should happen.…So all I want to do is fix…these little shine areas right here.…Very simple sort of thing,…happens all the time in portrait work.…So I'll hit the Return key,…we'll come down here to BeFunky,…I'll tap on skin tone, let's lower this tone amount,…you don't want it too strong.…
Take the brush size down just a bit,…take the hardness down.…All I'm going to do is just brush right here,…just right there, right up here,…just like that.…Now the reason why I brought the tone amount down,…look what happens if we bring it up.…See that's not flattering at all.…So you want to take it down…just inside of what's noticeable.…Alright, we've made our correction,…now this is where I ran into problems…when I save changes.…
So let's see what actually shows up in photos for OSN,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.