his movie shows you how to External Editors with DxO FilmPack.
- [Voiceover] Let's do a little work with a Raw file,…I have our original Raw right here, I duplicated it,…and I'm going to open it in external editors.…And we're going to go over to DXO FilmPack,…it is just a very cool application.…Part of the problem with this image…is I think there's something here,…there's just not enough of it,…and I think FilmPack can help me with that.…So I'll go ahead and double click on that,…going to hit Return,…and then we'll come down here to the extensions,…and we'll go to external editors.…
And since our source image is a Raw file,…I'm going to go ahead and convert it to a TIFF right here,…for our hand off, and then we will go down to FilmPack 5,…all I had to do was tap on it to come here,…and I want to work with color, slide films.…And right away I'm liking (laughing) what I see here.…Oh, look at these selections,…there's Fuji Velvia, which I think is nice,…it's really bumping things up,…but it's holding on to these reds.…
This generic Ektachrome is pretty cool,…but a little to hot in here for me.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.