The Tonality editing extension is designed to convert your images to Black & White, then apply various effects to them. This can be achieved globally or locally. This movie provides and overview to how this software works.
- [Voiceover] Tonality,…which is both an editing extension…and it's a stand alone application, it's from Macphun.…We're here in the MAC app store,…which is one of the places that you can get it,…and you can also get it from the Macphun site,…so you have a couple different options…in terms of how you purchase Tonality.…Either way, it's a terrific editing extension for photos.…In part, because it's a great monochrome photo editor,…but it also has lots of other tools, many of those tools,…we are going to explore in upcoming movies.…
I wanted to start here, because I just wanted you to see…some of the stuff that's available…with this editing extension, it's really cool.…So, let's do an overview of it,…and then we'll get into actually using it.…So, go ahead and get out of here.…Here we are in photos, and I'm gonna enable…the Tonality editing extension by going down to extensions,…and I'll go ahead and click on Tonality, it's loaded.…
Now, there are a number of presets that we can start with…and I love the presents because they give me…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.