Snapheal is a powerful erasing and cloning tool that works smoothly with Photos as an editing extension. With it, you can remove unwanted objects in your compositions and apply effects to other parts of the picture. This movie provides you with an overview of this software.
- [Voiceover] One of the tasks that…we're faced with sometimes in photography…is getting rid of unwanted elements.…Cloning tools, erase tools, things like that,…and I think one of the better editing extensions…for doing that is Snapheal, and we'll be taking a look…at Snapheal, not only in this movie…but in the next few movies.…So what is it?…It essentially is an application by Macphun…and an editing extension that provides us…with very sophisticated erasing and cloning tools.…
You notice right now that I'm at the Macphun page,…their website, and not at the Mac App Store.…And the reason for that is sometimes…the Mac App Store version is a better way to go.…Sometimes purchasing directly from the developer…is a better way to go.…In the case of Snapheal, at least as I record this training,…purchasing from Macphun software is a better way to go.…You actually get a better version of the app,…a more professional version of the app,…and that's what I'll be using over the next few movies.…
So when you come to this page, Macphunsoftware/snapheal,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.